- Planning a Successful Fourth Trimester - A short article about postpatrum planning and care from Ellie's series The Postmodyrn Midwife on Post Modyrn
- Your Village -A short article about building a support network from Ellie's series The Postmodyrn Midwife on Post Modyrn
- Happiest Baby on the Block, Harvey Karp - Dr. Karp shares his ‘baby whispering” skills with parents in providing simple strategies to soothe your infant. Also available on DVD.
- All Joy and No Fun: The Paradox of Modern Parenting, Jennifer Senior - An insightful look at modern parenting and the effects that children have on their parents.
- The Male Brain, Louann Brizendine - A discussion-provoking read in understanding the differences between the male and female brain. Focusing on the "Daddy Brain" chapter to understand the male process in becoming a father, is particularly helpful to new parents.
- The Female Brain, Louann Brizendine -Read in conjunction with The Male Brain to compare the differences in men and women from a psychological and neurological perspective. In particular, the "Mommy Brain" chapter to understand the female process in becoming a mother.
- Mothering from Your Center: Tapping Your Body's Natural Energy for Pregnancy, Birth, and Parenting,Tami Lynn Kent - Learn how to access the root of feminine energy and power to heal from pregnancy and birth and discover joy within yourself and your family.
- Expecting Better: Why the Conventional Pregnancy Wisdom Is Wrong--and What You Really Need to Know, Emily Oster - An economist writes about the research behind conventional pregnancy “rules” and leads women to a more informed, relaxed point of view.